To shape the future of food experiences
Jumbo Tech Campus: where it all happens
As an IT professional, you want to work on innovations that matter. You want to have the freedom to discover new things and push boundaries as part of a top-flight team. At our Jumbo Tech Campus, you can. Our mission is to design the future of online food retail – and we are making great advances in achieving that goal.
Last year Jumbo’s ecommerce turnover doubled. And our omnichannel focus has enabled customers to do their shopping both in shops as well as online. In our multidisciplinary, international and agile environment you will work on innovative products and services which we release more and more by continuous delivery. So you’ll be working today on a new food experience that our customers will be able to use tomorrow!
There’s no ‘I’ in Jumbo
With the UX of our clients and the commercial goals of our company as your Yin and Yang, you will develop new Android features for both our internal and ecommerce app. This means you know how to translate business to IT – not the other way around. Starting with a preliminary system analysis, to testing and deployment, you’ll be executing full lifecycle software development by programming well-designed, testable and efficient code. You’ll work together with your fellow team members and provide them with constructive feedback, to make sure you and your team continuously improve.
Your team consists of iOS and Android developers, a tester, Scrum master, team lead and a Product Owner. Together you’ll work in two-week sprints. At our Jumbo Tech Campus, we aim to guarantee the best possible code by reviewing each other’s work and trying to learn from each other whenever we can. We also continuously test and analyse our systems’ performance to keep up with our ever-growing customer base. We weren’t exaggerating when we said every day is an experience, were we?
Do you have the Jumbo DNA?
You enjoy working in a Scrum-based team. To shape the future of online food retail, we challenge you every day to evaluate, adapt and overcome the challenges that we face in our highly demanding environment. You do not wait for things to happen, you make things happen. You have a passion for software development and love sharing it with your colleagues. You speak and write English fluently, and can tick all of the following boxes:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 4 years of experience as an Android developer, preferably in an ecommerce environment.
- Experience with multiple Android APIs and with development tools like Android Studio, Eclipse, Git and Shell scripting.
- Familiarity with automated testing (Unit testing and UI Testing) and CI Pipelines (Maven, Jenkis, Gitlab CI).
- Know all about new Android layouts, activity lifecycle events, what’s new in Java 1.8 and Android http frameworks like Retrofit
Wat we bieden
You will code for food
Shaping the future of online food retail is a challenging job. You’ll get plenty of space to develop your own initiatives and lots of opportunities to grow, both personally and in your area of expertise. Luckily, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest IT-talents to share your ideas, knowledge and memes with. Of course, you’ll receive a competitive salary and great working conditions. But even more importantly, did you know that we are located near the Brainport Eindhoven high-tech site? That we value your code more than your dress code? And that our Jumbo Foodmarket is right next door?!
We at Jumbo like transparency, therefore this request: we appreciate it if companies don’t offer their services unsolicited.
- Stap 1 Binnen twee weken na sollicitatie een reactie
- Stap 2 Eerste sollicitatiegesprek
- Stap 3 Tweede sollicitatiegesprek
- Stap 4 Assessment en/of derde sollicitatiegesprek (indien van toepassing)
- Stap 5 Arbeidsvoorwaardelijk voorstel
- Stap 6 In dienst